Saturday, March 03, 2007

Wasted little DJs

Battled with my illness, which has now thankfully just about subsided, to make it out to the inaugural Rockbeatstone night at Brixton's Windmill on Friday. James, who did an awesome job organising the whole shebang, had invited myself and housemate Jamie to make our DJing debut after the bands had done their thing (basically, we were headlining). And what a set we played.

I won't bore you with the awe-inspiring details of our setlist, which included CSSAnnieHotChipKlaxonsDetroitCobrasBlondieCoxon
HarveyDangerBreedersArtBrutSlitsStonesKinksPrimalScream
DanSartainPippettesKillersHollowaysLCDSoundsystemWhiteStripes, but if you're ever wondering how on earth you can follow the floor-filling crowd-pleasing mania of Kaiser Chiefs' I Predict a Riot, I have nine words for you: The Power of Love – Huey Lewis and the News. That is all.

4 comments:

James K said...

Best DJ ever!

Will said...

yesssssssssss

Chris said...

I just want to put it on the record that it was I who predicted the riot, not that Sarah Dagnall.

Daniel said...

I think my personal highlight was the song from Bugsy Malone.