Sunday, November 05, 2006

Who nose?

Is there such thing as a small nose? People with 'big noses' and 'normal noses' are easy to identify, but I've never pointed at anyone and said, "Hey, what a tiny nose that person has."

When I put this to an audience in the pub last night, there was scepticism. So I challenged those assembled to point out any nearby drinkers with undersize probosces. Ghostsign Sam nominated someone, but I vetoed it immediately because the person in question was small themselves, and so the nose appeared normal.

6 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

Michael Jackson has a small nose. As does the girl in the new HIM video.

Red said...

There are many people about with small noses. I call them "facce da ferro da stiro", which roughly translates as "faces that look as if they have been bashed in with an iron (for clothes)"... you know, kind of indented.

It's not a good look, but then I am quite fond of "important" noses...

Anonymous said...

My nose is really small. Too small for my face, in fact, I think. And it makes it impossible to wear glasses - if they don't have the nose pieces and are expertly fitted, they do not stay on my face.

And unlike Jacko, mine's real.

Unluckyman said...

Similar point to yours, Will, but rather than observe small noses I usually instead assume they just have a large face/head. Maybe I focus on negatives too much.

Neil said...

Former Aston Villa, Leeds, and other places manager David O'Leary has been widely associated with having quite a small head in recent times. I think that suggests a smallness of nose, as well, although perhaps because he's all in proportion, I can't say it's ever struck me (metaphorically) (or literally).

Will said...

Hmm. I'm still not convinced small noses actually exist, except when attached to small heads. Or big heads. Either way, that doesn't make the nose inherently small, just

a) proportionate (on a small face)
b) dwarfed (by a large face)

Or c) attached to Michael Jackson.


A bit confused about all this, to be honest.