Friday, November 24, 2006

Well aisle be damned

Bit of a shock today: I got an email from a good friend of mine telling me he had got married. Admittedly, I haven't seen in a while (five months?), but still…

I responded immediately, possibly in the process forgetting to congratulate him. He replied to the news that my girlfriend was now living in the same city as me with a couple of excellent lines which reminded me why I like the old scoundrel so much. They are below.
"She may well close down whatever Batchelor’s Hall that you are keeping at present and throw out all of your catamites and gouty port bottles. Alas, this has certainly happened to this young squire."

3 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

He sounds happy in his wedded blis, doesn't he?

ems said...

Doom, gloom and the end of the world is nigh!

Will said...

At this stage I should almost certainly jump in and say that did assure me that "All is very settled and domestically blissful".