- Tottenham Court Road skyscraping monstrosity Centre Point is built on the site of a gallows
- The name 'Wendy' was invented by JM Barrie, creator of Peter Pan*
- Barbara Streisland and Tina Turner are both big 24 fans
- In Russian if you're extremely drunk, you say "I am meat" ("Я в мясо") - meaning that you have no eyes, no ears and no senses
- Mark Kermode is a Christian
- Clare Short's cousin is US-Canadian actor Martin Short**
- Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" - it was invented by PG Wodehouse in his 1915 novel Psmith, Journalist
- Naomi Campbell was engaged to U2 bassist Adam Clayton in the 80s
- There have only been 20 episodes of The Vicar of Dibley
* Wikipedia slightly disputes this, but I think it still kind of counts.
** I actually had this factoid confirmed in an email from Short herself, which was exciting. I emailed back with the line "Great, thanks Clare. I loved him in Three Amigos." She didn't reply.