How Journalism Works
"We hug goodbye and it's a warm and proper hug where I tell him he’s lovely and he squeezes me tighter."
Chrissy Iley…er…interviews Johnny Depp in the Guardian.
I’m thinking of putting that in my clippings, pretending the £10 was a freelance fee and telling people I've now written for Private Eye. But then the "how Journalism works" slogan would gain a redirected irony, and I'd be more ridiculous that Iley. I'll probably do it anyway though.
***
On a related note, my friend Sophie who writes for The Independent's Media section told me that the other day she received a free mug in the post with a note saying she was now "a friend of Private Eye" (The Eye is mainly read by journalists, so presumably her position as a media hack makes her particularly eligible). The weird part is that it was sent to her home address. Freaky!



2 comments:
Good work!
I read that! You're leaving your mark in high places now Will.
Post a Comment