Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feeling Iley

Luvvie interviewer Chrissy Iley may churn out the most cringeworthy big name pieces you're likely to read ("When he's in a relationship does he like to observe but not really know himself, I ask?"), but you have to admit, no one can read a hug like she can...

"We hug goodbye and it's a warm and proper hug where I tell him he's lovely and he squeezes me tighter."
Interviewing Johnny Depp, Grauniad, 3 July 2006

"Sting arrives and by now it’s late afternoon. The room becomes a darker golden but the sunlight makes Sting’s hair impressively lemony. He hugs me hello; his cashmere zip-up is soft but his body is hard."
Interviewing Sting, Times, 4 March 2007

"There's a profound air of loneliness about Victoria that makes you want to first go up and give her a hug..."
Interviewing Victoria Beckham, Glamour

"When he hugged me goodbye I felt his bones. He felt frail, but at the same time intense. But still with a look of mischief in his eye..."

Interviewing Sam Rockwell, Grauniad, 11 November 2007

"I'm not sure if goodbye is going to be a smile or a handshake but it turns out to be a hug, a firm, all-embracing one. I feel a tingling going up and down my entire body."
Interviewing Harrison Ford, Observer, 27 April 2008

No comments: