Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Twenty-five great songs of 2005

The lists continue. This is getting slightly fanatical. But if you don’t try and define your year by thinking of things you like and putting them in order of preference, what the hell kind of a person are you? Having said that, my twenty-five tunes of 2005 are in no particular order whatsoever. If there’s any on this list you haven’t heard, go and download it now, for instant aural gratification (stop sniggering).

Oxygen – Willy Mason
I Predict a Riot – Kaiser Chiefs
Heavy Metal – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
BMFA – Martha Wainwright
Wake Up – Arcade Fire
Hoodie - Lady Sovereign
My Doorbell – White Stripes
Don’t Come Running – HAL
Fuck Forever – Babyshambles
Tied Up Too Tight – Hard-Fi
Moving to LA – Art Brut
Spit it Out – Brendan Benson
Mornings Eleven – Magic Numbers
I’m Lonely (But I Ain’t That Lonely Yet) – White Stripes
Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
My Dead Wife – Absentee
Helicopter – Bloc Party
Rusted Guns – Art Brut
Mirror Kissers – The Cribs
Bucky Done Gun – MIA
Girl Wants (to Say Goodbye to) Rock and Roll – Go Home Productions (Christina Aguilera vs Velvet Underground)
My Sherona Formed a Band – Spoiler Boy (featuring Art Brut)
Chewing Gun – Annie
Crown of Love – Arcade Fire
Holiday - Green Day

No comments: