Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"I let my Dad explode"

I imagine I'm not alone in completely mishearing lyrics in songs now and again. I imagine I'm not alone in making a list of such mishearings and putting them on a blog that's running out of ideas fast. Sigh.

Anyway, here are the five that spring to mind. They're a bit weird. And actually, probably totally unique. [Perks up a little bit.]

Country Girl - Primal Scream
Mishearing: "We'll kill a pope or two."
Actual lyric: "What can a poor boy do?"


Shower Your Love - Kula Shaker

Mishearing: "Well I'm just a stupid dickhead."
Actual lyric: "Well I'm just to stupid to care."


Ha Ha – Ty

Mishearing: "In my corner of the world / Faces disappear like memories / Only to appear on the yellow notice boards saying 'did you seen this or that, Melanie?'"
Actual lyric: "In my corner of the world / Faces disappear like memories / Only to appear on the yellow notice boards saying 'did you seen this or that felony?'"


Jenny from the Block - Jennifer Lopez

Mishearing: "Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got / I'm still, I'm still Jennifer Lopoc"
Actual lyric: "Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got / I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block"


Regulate – Warren G and Nate Dogg
Mishearing: "I laid all them busters down, I let my Dad explode."
Actual lyric: "I laid all them busters down, I let my Gat explode."

2 comments:

James K said...

In CCR's 'Bad Moon Rising', I always heard, "There's the bathroom on the right" until I realised that it was 'Bad Moon' and not bathroom.

Foreigners are usually the best for these kinds of things, those with little english often insert their own words.

* (asterisk) said...

I like misheard lyrics. Though none spring to mind right now. Sorry, damp-squib alert.