Thursday, September 07, 2006

Miscellany

Is it me, or does the guy who played kitchen hand Everton in Chef bear a striking resemblance to one, or both, of the Outhere Brothers? Or did I just imagine it?

***

Saw a large vehicle this evening the size and shape of a mobile library. It was a deep purple colour and had the words "Net Navigator" painted on the side. I wanted to stop it and tell the drivers "Guys, you don't need one of those to surf the internet! You just need a laptop and a phone line!" I could just imagine the poor fools driving all the way to California just so they could access an American website.

***

Some embarrassing recent iTunes purchases:

Jesus He Knows Me - Genesis
My Sharona - The Knack
I Got You Babe - Sonny and Cher
Devil Woman - Cliff Richard
Happy Together - The Turtles

Think I'm going to have to listen to four hours of Joy Division to purge myself of this string of naffness.

***

After Blair's announcement this afternoon, Sky News had up on screen a list of 'hot political newcomers'. On the right of the screen, Jon Cruddas, on the left, Ed Balls. There's a filthy joke in there somewhere, screaming to get out.

***

After waking up this morning with the word 'liminal' in my head (don't know why), I put the music on and got the best lyric I've heard in ages. By the brilliant Super Furry Animals, from their song Hello Sunshine:

"I'm a minger
You’re a minger too.
So come on minger
I want to ming with you."

***

My review of the new album by power-pop indie-kids Silver Sun is online - have a look (spot the Back to the Future reference).

No comments: