Found out the other day, amazingly, that Sir Tim Berners-Lee, lived in my home town, Wimborne, back in 2001. Not only that, but he lived in Colehill, the actual part of Wimborne I lived in during my teenage years.
In case you don't know who Berners-Lee is, he's the British scientist credited with inventing the world wide web. Which is quite impressive really. Well done him.
Anyway, I was so overcome by this piece of information that I made up some 'facts' about Berners-Lee, in the style of the recent Chuck Norris forwards.
1. Berners-Lee is so computer savvy, Bill Gates doesn't know what he's on about half the time.
2. Instead of having a middle finger on his right hand Berners-Lee has a 2GB USB key.
3. Berners-Lee has read everything on the internet. Twice.
4. Berners-Lee's computer is so clever, it can walk to the shops and buy crisps for him.
5. If you abuse the internet, Berners-Lee will get it to roundhouse you in the face using only one line of HTML.
6. Berners-Lee has wireless and bluetooth capabilities.
7. When Berners-Lee walks out of a PC World superstore, all the computers follow him out.
8. You're only online because Berners-Lee lets you online.
9. A Google search is actually just a list of web pages Berners-Lee likes.
10. Justin Timberlake's surname only exists because someone mispronounced 'Tim Berners-Lee'.
NB None of the above facts are true.