Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

[Fanfare.]

Today is the one-year anniversary of this blog. This also happens to be the 200th post, which is pretty good going, I think. And: it just about coincides with us finally getting the internet in our flat, so you can now probably expect even more frequent posting.

In honour of this happy day, I present my ten favourite posts so far, in no particular order. Oh, and you can vote for your favourite in the right hand column.

Swimming with Sharks
In which I get lambasted by a Welshman for wanting to risk my life.

The death of Mishima / the birth of new Hula Hoops
Musings on the suicide of a Japanese writer and a new breed of crisps.

We'll always hate Paris
More bitching about housemate's good fortune.

An A to Z of 24
Twenty-six alphabetical observations about the hallowed TV show. Could almost pass as, like, a real article.

The Sun says... Phwoar!
Britain's most popular newspaper gets the Goose treatment.

The story of Henry and the red shirt
How I became haunted by a boy called Henry and his red shirt.

Last Morroco-related post, I promise
I'm actually really pleased with these pictures.

The shapes of Rothko
In which your correspondant goes to an art gallery and feels a bit queasy. That title was a pun on 'The Grapes of Wrath' by the way.

The Stockwell Flats
The flats looking utterly tasty. The post that started it all...

Don't write, speak or blink
A game of chess leads to a round of competitive anecdote-telling.

5 comments:

Phu said...

That shark story is fantastic.

These posts just reminded me of the excellence of your blog.

Finally getting a home computer, yeah, that's been my holy grail for a good few months, since I lost free internet access by leaving university.

Huw said...

Happy Birthday. How long do I get to vote? Work's a bit busy you see, so I'll have to come back. But you know I dig those Stockwell flats.

Tor said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary. Keep it up!

Curly said...

I'm liking the Shark Story too, mainly because I'm Welsh and will quite happily back another one of our kind as long as it involves him/her doing something ridiculous.

* (asterisk) said...

Happy blogiversary, but 200 in a year is slow-going, dude. I've done more than 300 in less than 6 months. And I'm very busy with work, too.
;-)