Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jobberish

Woke up this morning having just been told by a woman in my dream that, "These companies are chosen because they're bi-orientational." I think it was because I'd read this excellent article on the BBC website yesterday, '50 office-speak phrases you love to hate'.

My most loathed office jargon phrase is probably, "Guys, we don't need to reinvent the wheel here", although I used to hate it when my old boss would constantly postpone the discussion of relevant issues indefinitely by saying, "That's something we need to talk about" (and then not talk about it).

More recently, there was a huge reshuffle at work last week in which it was revealed that employees who would be moving to the new framework without changing role were "mapped", while the people whose jobs were going to be merged were described as "pooled" and those who were going to be made redundant were, simply, "displaced".

1 comment:

eh said...

Can I just borrow you for a moment?