Saturday, August 25, 2007

Flight comedy

I've just been rediscovering the awesome Flight of the Conchords, aka "New Zealand's fourth most popular folk parody duo".

Saw them play at the Edinburgh festival back in 2004 and hadn't heard a thing about them since - until I read the other day that they've made a TV show for HBO in America. It's been acquired by BBC4 and, looking at first episode (downloadable free as a podcast from iTunes), is Peep Show versus Curb Your Enthusiasm - with songs!

To whet your appetite, here's a clip of the song they tend to open their live shows with, 'Jenny'. It's absolutely perfect.



Update: the following two are also great, if you're interested.



1 comment:

Kusems said...

So funny!! I love "Jenny!" I had heard of the show, but had no idea what it was. If only I had HBO...