Sunday, March 01, 2009

Get your Rock off

After watching the first few episodes before dropping out, I've recently been reacquainting myself with 30 Rock (Five USA seem to have just got round to showing the second season). Friday's 'Rosemary's Baby' episode was a particular corker, and it featured one of the best lines I think I've ever heard in a sitcom.

Having visited the disgusting house of her screenwriting heroine Rosemary Howard, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) is explaining her horror to her confidante, eccentric company CEO Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin). "I don't think she has a toilet," says Lemon. "I saw my future, Jack."

Handing her a glass of red wine, Donaghy replies: "Never go with a hippie to a second location."

This scene, from earlier in the same episode, was also astonishingly good, particularly if you're used to Baldwin's usual strait-laced style of acting.

1 comment:

Huw said...

I was stunned the first time I saw that: I've long been fairly dismissive of the Baldwin family.

30 Rock is impressively quick: I find I really have to concerntrate when I watch it.