"Finished, it's finished, nearly finished,
it must be nearly finished."
it must be nearly finished."
"Grain upon grain, one by one, and one day, suddenly,
there's a heap, a little heap, the impossible heap.
I can't be punished any more."
there's a heap, a little heap, the impossible heap.
I can't be punished any more."
"I'll go now to my kitchen, ten feet by ten feet by ten feet,
and wait for him to whistle me. [Pause]
Nice dimensions, nice proportions..."
Nice dimensions, nice proportions..."

4 comments:
I feel hollow.
Me too Huw. Me. Too.
The quote is all one thing by the way; the first line of Endgame. I (used to) take the pictures from the kitchen's terrace door. Hence additional resonance.
It's really [sniff] quite emotional. One of the first things I saw at your blog were pix such as this. The end of an era.
As the great man said - "I can't go on. I'll go on".
rashbre
Post a Comment